The Cape Film Commission (CFC) wishes to appoint a production company to assist in the production of a short 5-10 minute film to be used for Public Relations and Marketing purposes.
Tenders are invited from film production companies based in the Western Cape to work with the CEO and the CFC Marketing team to produce an HD film for digital and DVD use and with the potential to be shown in cinemas with the following indicative content:
1) To promote Cape Town/Western Cape as a film destination
2) Promote CTFS as a first world cutting edge studio for film production, 3D etc.
3) Promote technical capabilities of Western Cape film community
4) Demonstrate that we have a “plug and play” industry – just turn up, we do the rest
5) English speaking
6) Mild climate
7) Value for money
8) Good food, cooperative and friendly people, great accommodation, stunning natural beauty
9) Generic scenery – can double for anywhere in the world (except Arctic)
10) Relaxed filming environment film friendly
11) Tax incentives
12) Due to the 2010 FIFA World Cup and emerging industry we are world leaders in film technology and use of
13) Film, Animation, Documentary, New Media, Gaming etc.
The film will also be used to demonstrate to the citizens of Cape Town/Western Cape that the inconvenience they occasionally experience due to street filming has huge benefits to the local economy (contribution of approx.R3bn to local economy)
Interested companies should submit their tender to the CFC no later than Monday, 18 April 2011 to include the following information:
• Company registration
• Latest audited accounts
• BEE certificate
• Company profile including CV’s of staff and work
• Brief Outline of proposed idea for the showreel
• CFC Membership Status (Membership Applications available from the Cape Film Commission or can be downloaded from www.capefilmcommission.co.za)
The CFC is not obliged to accept any tender. Should tenderers not hear from the CFC by the end of April 2011, please assume your tender was not successful in this instance.
Tenders to be submitted in sealed envelope marked Show Reel Tender to the following address:
Cape Film Commission
Cape Film Commission
80 St. Georges Mall