MIPDOC, the documentary market which takes place in Cannes, France, the weekend of 28 and 29 March, together with the documentary magazine realscreen are gearing up for the fifth edition of the popular MIPDOC Co-production Challenge.
Five selected TV documentary projects, submitted from producers around the world, will be chosen to go before a panel of distinguished judges from the broadcasting world in a live pitching session.
The event takes pace on Saturday, March 28, 2009.
You are invited to submit your documentary by Friday, February 20, 2009.
Winners will be selected based on the following criteria:
– uniqueness and overall appeal of the project (innovation, storytelling techniques, etc.)
– the look, story and themes
– distribution and/or broadcast plans
The winner of the prestigious MIPDOC Co-Production Challenge will also receive:
– Free entry to MIPDOC 2010
– Free submission of their winning programme to the MIPDOC 2010 digital library
– A 2-day pass to the Realscreen Summit, taking place in Washington D.C., in 2010
– A 1-year subscription to realscreen Magazine
– Editorial coverage during MIPDOC 2009 and in realscreen Magazine’s post-show issue
– A one-on-one meeting with a jury member during the event
To enter, ensure that you have registered for MIPDOC 2009. If you have not yet, please register.
Also, fill in the online submission form before February 20, 2009.
Participants selected for the pitching session will be notified by mid-March, 2009.
For further information about the competition, please contact Raphaele Vallauri.