Rosco Laboratories has announced the release of MIXBOOK – the world’s first digital swatchbook. MIXBOOK, engineered by the LED lighting and colour experts at Rosco, allows filmmakers to pre-visualise their gel and LED colours, and then communicate those colour choices with other members of their team. MIXBOOK contains the same proprietary six-chip LED technology found in DMG Lumière MIX fixtures, which ensures perfect colour matches between MIXBOOK and MIX lights.
MIXBOOK is controlled by the myMIX app, which is available as a free download for iOS and Android devices. With the myMIX app, users can generate their desired colour by adjusting hue, saturation, and intensity levels, or by selecting xy values, and then send that colour to MIXBOOK. Users can also choose a colour from an image in their photo library with the app’s “Capture” function. Through a Bluetooth connection with the myMIX app, MIXBOOK allows users to actively explore how their colour choices will interact with other on-set elements, such as talent and scenic elements, and continue to modify their choices through the app. Once the desired colour has been achieved, users can save their colours to the cloud and share them with their team.
Key features of MIXBOOK include:
- Full spectrum white light from 1700K-10,000K
- A proprietary combination of 6 LEDs (phosphor-coated Red, Green, Blue, White, phosphor-coated Amber, Lime) for a wide colour gamut
- Over 130 True Rosco Color gel matches
- Measures 10 x 6 x 2.6cm (3.9 x 2.3 x 1‘’) at only 110 g (3.8 ounces)
- Controlled through Bluetooth via the myMIX App