The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission is calling for applications from local film producers to be part of the KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission delegation that will be attending the Annecy International Animated Film Festival.
Annecy International Animated Film Festival takes place at the beginning of June in the town of Annecy, France. It is one of the four international animated film festivals sponsored by the Association Internationale du Film d’Animation (or ASIFA, the International Animated Film Association).
The festival is a competition between cartoon films of various techniques (animated drawings, cut-out papers, modelling clay, etc.) classified in various categories:
- Feature films
- Short films
- Films produced for television and advertising
- Student films
- Films made for the internet (since 2002)
The call for applications is open from 1 March to 9 March 2018.
Applications must include the following:
- A fully completed KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission markets and festivals application form
- All accompanying valid documents as per requirements
- Demonstration of how your attendance will assist your business and or your desired outcomes from your attendance at the festival
- The invitation is only open to producers (not writers and directors) with producer’s package ready for funding or producers who have already produced at least 3 animation projects.
- Detailed CV of the producer
Successful applicants will be an announced a week after the close of call via email. Applications must be submitted to Nokuthula Shongwe at: NokuthulaS@kwazulunatalfilm.co.za or Lungile Duma at LungileD@kwazulunatalfilm.co.za. For enquiries kindly contact Nokuthula Shongwe on 031 325 0200.