“The best creatives in the world inspiring the best creatives in the region,’ that’s how Fahmeeda Cassim Surtee, marketing & sales director at DStv Media Sales describes the DStv Seminar of Creativity which will be happening during Loeries Creative Week in Durban on Friday 18 August 2017.
Now in its fifth year, the seminar is a highlight of Loeries Creative Week for everyone across the industry.
“This is the only opportunity of its kind for our local creative community to be directly exposed to such international thought leaders. We’re thrilled to continue to host some of the world’s leading creative minds at our seminar,’ says Andrew Human, CEO of Loeries Africa Middle East. “There is no other seminar in our region that hosts seven world-class speakers of this calibre all on one day.”
This year’s speaker line-up includes:
- Gotz Ulmer, chief creative officer, Jung Von Matt, Hamburg, Germany. His clients include Vodafone, MINI, eBay, Audi and Mercedes and international judging includes Cannes, OneShow, DA&D, and Clio.
- Keith Cartwright, executive creative director, BSSP, California, USA. Keith was responsible for the gender-busting #keepbuilding Lego campaign, the most viewed commercial in Lego’s history, and the “Become Legendary’ campaign which helped Jordan reach US$ 1B in sales for the first time in its history.
- Luc-Olivier “Luco’ Marquet, CEO, Unilever South Africa joined Unilever from the L’Oreal group with 23 years of FMCG experience, having worked in brand building and brand development, customer development and travel retail. He has worked in Europe, the Americas and, most recently in West Africa’s developing and emerging markets for Unilever.
- Markus Maczey, chief creative officer, Plan.Net Group, Munich, Germany, was one of the first creative brand communicators in the digital sphere and now takes his place as a leading digital thinker on an international level.
- Pum Lefebure, co-founder and chief creative officer, Design Army, Washington DC; board director, The One Club, New York, USA. Named in Adweek’s Creative100 in 2016, Graphic Design USA’s Top 50 People to Watch, and as a Rising Star by the Washington Business Journal’s Women Who Mean Business.
- Tea Uglow, creative director of Google’s Creative Lab based in Sydney, has been with Google since 2006, pioneering its Creative Labs in Europe and Asia Pacific. Her work centres on enabling artists, writers and performers to experiment with new ways of using digital technology to augment traditional methods. She speaks on innovation and digital futures around the world; her 2015 TEDx talk has 1.5M+ views.
- Weera Saad, head of creative shop, Facebook: MEA, inspires and drives innovative ideas to help unlock the creative power of Facebook on her quest to scale up the platform and deliver powerful stories from the region. Her award-winning 20-year advertising background culminated in Executive Director Strategic Planning at DDB and BBDO across the MEA region.
Seating at the seminar is limited and delegates are advised to secure their seats as soon as possible. More info on Loeries Creative Week can be found on their website.