AJA Video Systems‘ ROI-SDI scan converter recently began shipping. Wrapping intuitive Region-of-Interest (ROI) controls for professional SDI sources into a portable Mini-Converter form factor, it boasts a 3G-SDI input and simultaneous 3G-SDI and HDMI outputs, and facilitates incredible quality image scaling, in addition to region-of-interest and image rotation at a range of resolutions and frame rates.
ROI-SDI addresses a growing demand for customisable video signals to meet an array of display and workflow needs. It features extensive aspect ratio conversion and audio functionality and allows users to easily rotate source signals, define a portion of an image or reframe the source image from any 3G-SDI signal. Paired with free AJA Mini-Config software, ROI-SDI makes it easy to select a region-of-interest in realtime and on screen with complete control over how that region is scaled to the output resolution, enabling pristine picture quality.
ROI-SDI feature highlights include:
– 1x 3G-SDI BNC Input
– 2x mirrored processed outputs (1x 3G-SDI BNC and 1x HDMI)
– 1x clean 3G-SDI BNC loop out
– 1x USB port for device configuration via free AJA Mini-Config software running on Mac or Windows
– Support for a range of video formats including 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 625i and 525i
– 2-channel analogue RCA audio outputs; embedded 8-channel SDI audio; and 2-channel or 8-channel embedded HDMI audio