The 11th SACOD Forum will take place from 4 to 9 November 2007 at the Piggs Peak Hotel in Swaziland. This is a call for entries for completed films and videos, of any length and of any genre produced after 1 January 2006 that contribute to democracy, peace, popular participation, gender equality, development, environment, human rights and cultural identity.
The SACOD Forum is a meeting place where filmmakers, distributors, and related organisations, gather to screen and debate selected film and video productions. The themes cover social, political and developmental issues with the intention to inform, educate, entertain and importantly, to motivate and stimulate audiences to take action in a personal or organised way. The ultimate goal of the Forum is the improvement in video productions that aim to enable social change.
Although the SACOD Forum is primarily for SACOD members, every year a number of non-members are invited to showcase their work.
REGULATIONS FOR ENTRIES:
- You may submit more than one programme, of any length and any genre.
- Entries will only be selected if either the director or producer is able to attend the SACOD Forum.
- Should your programme be selected for screening, SACOD will cover the attendance costs of the director or producer only, at Forum 2007.
- An appointed Forum Selection Committee will view your entries and you will be notified of the outcome.
- Should your entry be selected, it will be included in the screening and discussion section of Forum 2007.
- Entries made in languages other than English must have English subtitles to facilitate discussion during Forum.
- All entries should be submitted on VHS, PAL and/ or DVD.
- All entries must be sent to the SACOD office by registered airmail, pre-paid courier or hand delivery.
- SACOD will not pay freight or customs charges for entries.
- SACOD will not be held liable for any loss or damage to the submitted material.
- Deadline for Entries is the 28th September 2007. No late entries will be considered.
- Directors or producers must be citizens of a SADC country: Seychelles, Mauritius, Democratic Republic of Congo, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Angola, Mozambique, Namibia, Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland and Malawi.
- SACOD works in partnership with the University of Kwazulu-Natal (CCMS) and reserves the right to use the selected videos for training purposes.
- All matters not resolved by these regulations shall be decided upon by SACOD Forum Task Team, whose decision will be final.
- The return of the entry form, for participation in Forum 2007, will be confirmation of your acceptance of these regulations.
- Please note that entries VHS and/or DVD will not be returned.
For more information email Chimango Kanyimbo at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tambudzai Madzimure at email@example.com.