The 9th Apollo Annual Film Festival will run from the 3 to the 6 October 2018 at Victoria West in Northern Cape, South Africa.
The Apollo Annual Film Festival is a small but well established festival which showcases documentary, features, short and animation films from South Africa. The festival is continually seeking unique and exciting stories to share with a South African audience.
Interested filmmakers are invited to submit a vimeo link of their film for consideration and possible inclusion in the 2018 programme. Applicants need to take note that a DVD copy of their film would need to be available for a minimum of two screenings over the dates above.
- No films to be submitted without complete entry forms.
- All submissions to include the following: approx. 200 word synopsis, 2 stills from the film either in hard copy or scanned to JPEG with 300 dpi, complete filmography/biography of the director.
- No promotional material submitted will be returned to the sender.
- No material sent at charge of Festival will be accepted.
- In the event of the film being selected, it must be available in DVD or Blu Ray in English or with subtitles.
- The holder of copyright authorises the Festival to make excerpts of a maximum of three minutes available to television channels and for use on the Apollo Film Festival website for the promotion of the film and the Festival.
The Apollo Film Festival presents the following awards:
- Best South African Feature Film Award
- Best South African Documentary Film Award
- Best South African Short (professional category)
- Best South African Short (student and newcomer category)
- Best Actor in a Feature
- Best Actress in a Feature
- Best Script for a Feature length film
- Best South African Short (animation category)
Submit all information to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submissions to arrive at the Festival offices is 17h00 on 31 July 2018. No late entries will be considered.