The latest addition to Sony’s shoulder mount XDCAM range offers stronger network
and wireless capabilities, improved weight balance, XAVC 60p recording and pool
feed functions to give ENG and field production professionals a versatile and high-
performance tool. Among its features are:
• An Ethernet interface that enables direct connection to a network when wireless
LAN is unstable or unavailable, for file transfer, live streaming and control from a
• A near-field communications (NFC) feature providing a one-touch link between the
camera and a mobile device.
• A Content Browser Mobile application enabling users to preview or remotely
control camcorder settings of various menu functions.
• Pool feed function (HD/SD SDI) enabling 1.5G HD-SDI external signal recording on
• “ONLINE’ button, which lets users bypass a mobile device or the camera’s menu
for direct on/off control over: direct streaming transmission of AV signals from a
PXW-X400 to assigned destinations; auto-uploading of proxy files to cloud services
and FTP servers; and on/off control over Sony’s PWS-100RX1 network server while
• 2/3′ 3-chip CMOS image sensor
• Supports several HD and SD formats including XAVC
• Lens options include a 20x Manual Focus Lens (PXW-X400KC model) and a 16x
Auto Focus Lens (PXW-X400KF model).