The Cape Film Commission (CFC) has opened applications for filmmakers to
attend the Sundance Film Festival, which runs from 22 January to 15 February
2015 in the US, under the Department of Trade and Industry’s (DTI) Sector
Specific Assistance Scheme (SSAS). The scheme provides funding for certain
aspects of the excursion and is only applicable to individual participants.
Interested participants need to hand deliver a completed application form along
with the required documentation to the CFC by no later than 14h00 on Friday, 1
The funding, if approved, will cover flights to and from festival and if individuals
travel within a group, accommodation and airport transfers will also be covered.
Upon approval by the DTI, the applicable festival registration and accreditation
fees will be determined.
Potential participants should note that only one representative per company will
be allowed to apply under the SSAS programme, and all applicants must be able
to attend the full festival in order to be considered.
Entrants are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the DTI guidelines and will need to
provide the following documentation:
• Original, signed and completed copy of the DTI SSAS application form
• Complete project proposals including budgets, timelines and job
• Project synopsis
• Company profile (Companies must be in existence for more than one year
and must be South African registered)
• Independent filmmakers (sole proprietors) must be in possession of a
South African Identity Document
• Biography or CV of person representing the company/travelling
• Proposed aims, objective and outcomes for attending the festival
• Marketing plan
• Brochure or show reel (complete with high resolution images)
• Customs and Excise Certificate if exporting materials
• Original valid tax clearance certificate
• Copy of company registration certificate
• Last financial year’s Audit Financial Statement or three months bank
statements on a certified bank letterhead
• Confirmation of bank details (original letter from bank verifying the bank
• Original certified copy of passport (certification not older than three
Applicants must be in position of:
• Valid passport
• Finance to pay for a valid visa
• Finance to pay for travel insurance
• Finance for Per Diems
Applications must be enclosed in an envelope addressed to Denis Lillie and
clearly marked with the company and festival name. Documents must be
delivered by hand or courier directly to the CFC offices.
The address is:
Cape Film Commission
A3 Westlake Square
Contact the DTI or the
CFC for an application form.
Visit the CFC website or
DTI website for more information.