AJA’s KiProMini offers a lightweight, easy-to-use way to bring the onset, ready-to-
edit workflow to a shoot. Attaching to almost all cameras, it captures footage in
Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD as per the needs of the production, allowing for
instant playback and edit on set. Through this small, handy accessory, AJA
promises to have delivered the “fastest path from camera to editorial’.
• 10 bit, full raster recording: compared to 8-bit recording devices, 10-bit 4:2:2
recording (when supported by the codec) provides better quantisation, giving a
superior representation of the original scene and allowing for more flexibility in
post-production when adjusting colour and balance.
• Records in Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD, thus eliminating any need to convert files
for post-production – footage is instantly ready for the edit suite.
• Familiar, intuitive operation – easy to incorporate into your existing setup without
worrying about a learning curve.
• Playback and edit on set: recorded shots can be viewed immediately without the
need for separate video assist equipment
• Flexible mounting options to suit all cameras and shooting situations.