The South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) has announced the appointments of the new heads of television channels SABC1, 2 and 3.
Effective from 1 April 2014, Maijang Mpherwane, Gerhard Pretorius and Aisha Mohamed will head up SABC1, 2 and 3 respectively.
Verona Duwarkah, Group Executive for Television stated that: “As SABC Management we have confidence that these individuals will work well with their teams to continue to keep SABC TV the number one television network in South Africa.’
The SABC’s Technology Division also recently made key appointments and these are:
• Lorraine Sefolo: General Manager: IT
• Dennis Herold: General Manager: Broadcast Facilities
• Monde Mbanga: General Manager: Distribution
• Lesetja Lekgotho: General Manager: Henley TV Facilities
• Kuben Padayachee Manager: Governance, Risk and Compliance
Group Executive for Technology and Infrastructure, Sipho Masinga said: “We are truly excited with the quality of the candidates appointed and wish them well in dispensing their new responsibilities.’