A host of global industry leaders are set to meet at this year’s TV Connect Industry Awards, which acknowledge and celebrate outstanding technologies and services across the converging TV industry. The combined reach of the connected entertainment community ensures that the 2013 awards will continue to significantly benefit the sector, attracting an even higher number of entries than ever before, culminating in a spectacular and fun networking evening at One Mayfair, London on 20 March 2013.
Now in its seventh year, the 2013 TV Connect Industry Awards will be judged by an influential panel of senior and expert individuals, including cable and telecom operators and independent experts, who represent an impressive cross section of the industry. The judges include Dr Nilo Mitra, President of OIPF and Steve Bennedik, Head of Technology at Sky News.
Steven C Hawley, Principal Analyst and Consultant at tvstrategies, will be on the judging panel and comments: “Over the years, the TV Connect (IP&TV World Forum) awards have recognised innovations from leading operators and technology providers.”
2013’s categories offer the entire connected entertainment ecosystem the chance to shine and ensure that the hard work and dedication exhibited by those in the sector are recognised by vendors, service providers and industry standard bodies from around the globe.
This year’s categories:
- Special Category Award: Best New Route to Multiscreen Monetisation (in partnership with Access)
- Best TV Experience Enhancement
- Best Multiscreen TV Service
- Best Multiscreen TV Solution
- Best Network Technology for IPTV and OTT TV
- Best Service Delivery Platform for IPTV and OTT TV
- Best TV App
- Best New Gaming Experience
- Best Component or Enabler
- Best TV Consumer Device
- Best TV on the Move Service
- Best Cloud or CDN Service Delivery
- Best Live Online TV Service / Solution
- Best Digital Home Service Innovation
This year’s awards will take on a brand new format that is more network orientated to enable greater connectivity among peers during the course of the gala ceremony evening.
The closing date for all entries is 12 noon on Wednesday 23rd January. To submit an entry, please go to http://tvconnectawards.com/. If you would like more information about TV Connect, please visit http://www.tvconnectevent.com/. Alternatively, keep up to date with the event on Twitter @tvconnectevent.