The Cape Film Commission (CFC) and the Durban Film Office (DFO), in collaboration with the South African Embassy in New York and the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), with support from the Gauteng Film Commission (GFO), are combining forces to assist a group of South African filmmakers to attend the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival.
The Tribeca Film Festival aims to help filmmakers to reach as wide an audience as possible, by giving the international film community and general public the opportunity to experience the power of cinema.
Since 2002, the Festival has screened more than 1 300 movies from over 80 countries and has attracted an international audience of more than 3.7 million. New York City has experienced tremendous financial benefits from the Festival, earning around $725 million since the Festival’s inception in 2002.
Members of the CFC, the GFC and the DFO who would like to participate in the venture should notify their local Commission or Office at the following email addresses:
- Western Cape: firstname.lastname@example.org
- KwaZulu-Natal: Antoinette.Monty@durban.gov.za
- Gauteng: Siyabongam@gautengfilm.org.za
The following documentation should be sent to the CFC:
- A letter of motivation describing reasons for inclusion in the programme.
- The documents listed under the DTI requirements (below) should be hand-delivered to the Cape Film Commission by no later than 14h00 on 18 January 2013. Late entries will not be considered.
Requirements of the DTI:
- Complete project proposals including budgets, timelines and job opportunities
- Project synopsis
- Company profile
- Biography or CV of person representing the company/travelling to the Festival
- Aims, objective and project outcomes
- Proposed aims, objective and outcomes for attending the Festival and market
- Marketing plan
- Brochure/Show reel (with high resolution images)
- Customs and Excise Certificate if exporting materials
- Tax clearance certificate
- Last financial year’s Audit Financial Statement or three months’ bank statements on a certified bank letterhead
- Confirmation of bank details – original letter from bank verifying bank details
- Original certified copy of passport
Applicants must have a valid passport, be able to pay for a valid visa as well as for travel insurance.
Please visit the Sector Specific Assistance Scheme (SSAS) on www.thedti.gov.za for guidelines.
Applications must be addressed to Denis Lillie and be clearly marked with the name of the applicant’s company and the Festival’s name.
The address is:
Cape Film Commission
A3 Westlake Square