In recent years, art-creating AI has pushed the boundaries of how we define art.
AI Expo Africa, the largest business focused AI event in Africa, have launched a grand challenge to create an original piece of artwork or music that leverages AI. There will be one winner for each category (visual art & music) and winners must be citizens of an African country and must be living in Africa. Sign up here.
Awards will be presented to the winner at the exclusive AI Expo Africa VIP event on the opening night of AI Expo Africa in Cape Town, South Africa, on 3 September 2019 – with the winning music track(s) being played during the event and art work on display. Both works will be auctioned during an exclusive event on 4 September.
First prize in each category (music and visual art) will receive:
- 1 x VIP/ full access ticket to AI Expo Africa worth $650 including all refreshments and food;
- $600 contribution to flights to Cape Town (limited to economy flights only within Africa);
- $250 in total contribution for 2 nights hotel accommodation in Cape Town;
- 50% share in auction proceeds of the art works & music, with 50% going to the event charity, Starting Chance;
- A TV/ media interview plus social media and press release for winners;
- Speaking opportunity in the case study track at AI Expo;
- Valuable networking opportunities with the largest AI tech community in Africa;
- Photography of the event will also be provided.
Second and third placed creators will be given special mentions in press and social media.
The competition is sponsored by The AI Media Group, creators of AI Expo Africa, and Cortex Ventures – Africa’s first AI only focused VC company.