The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) in partnership with the KwaZulu Natal Film Commission (KZNFC) and the Department of Trade and Industry invites all eligible filmmakers to submit proposals for the speed dating session that will be taking place during the Durban FilmMart at the Durban International Film Festival from 20 to 24 July 2018.
The session specifically aims to create a platform for South African producers with developed feature film projects to meet with local and international producers, distributors and programmers as well as local and international funding agencies and find potential partners with a view to pitching their projects for either production or sales.
In order to be considered for the speed dating session, a project must meet all of the eligibility criteria outlined below:
- The application is for feature-length film projects only – fiction and non-fiction – (80 minutes minimum)
- Projects must have a director and producer attached to it.
- Film producers and directors must be South African citizens.
- Previous industry experience is required. The director and producer must have experience in their respective roles with no less than one feature film for the producer and at least 2 short films for the director (Tier 2 filmmakers)
- The project must be fully developed and relevant for the local and international markets.
To apply, applicants must send their complete application by email to email@example.com. Applications must include the following:
- Cover letter
- Synopsis of project
- Director’s treatment
- Full script
- Director and Producer profiles
- Tentative budget
- Finance Plan
Closing date for applications is on 12 July 2018. Selections will be made according to the above criteria and successful applicants will be notified by 15 July 2018.
Flights and accommodation for one participant per project will be covered by the NFVF.