The Association for Communication and Advertising (ACA) is the official self-regulative representative body for the advertising and communications sector in South Africa. The Association represents advertising and communications agencies that presently contribute approximately 95 per cent of South Africa’s measured ad spend to all stakeholders including, but not limited to, the broader profession, government, the media and the public. The ACA is a voluntary association that was formed by and for the profession, and is focused on and committed to self-regulation and to defending the highest standards of ethical practice.
A vacancy exists for a dynamic, entrepreneurial and hardworking individual who is passionate about the business of marketing, advertising and communications. If working in a fast paced, highly energised environment and dealing with constant business challenges that require creative solutions appeals to you, you could be leading the profession to its next chapter.
- A proven track record in mature business leadership at the highest level – preferably in the business of marketing, advertising and communications
- The ability to command respect whilst navigating complex business challenges and at times, mediate to lead stakeholders to a common (win-win) vision and /or goal
- A strategic thinker and visionary with a passion for marketing, advertising, communications and the contribution that creativity makes to business success
- Operationally astute
- The ability to raise sponsorship and funding for projects
- Prior experience in working with government and peer organisations would be advantageous
- Strong commercial, entrepreneurial and financial acumen and management skills
- An excellent communicator
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in business or the arts.
The CEO will report to the chairperson and Board of Directors.
A market-related salary is offered.
If you think you have the dynamism, creativity, passion and drive to lead the advertising and communications profession, submit a 2-page CV with a letter of motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 15 June 2018.