Showmax has added another way to watch TV shows and movies on demand with no contract and no ads. In addition to having apps for tablets, smartphones, computers, media players and smart TVs, Showmax has now added support for the Xbox One gaming console.
Internet TV service Showmax has added a new way to watch TV shows and movies on demand with no contract and no ads. As of today, the Showmax app for the Xbox One console is available on the Xbox Store.
Since Showmax was launched two years ago, new functionality such as downloads, profiles, parental controls, support for AirPlay and Chromecast, and bandwidth capping has been rolled out on a regular basis.
More recently, Showmax was added to the DStv Explora and Android TV platforms. Multiple integrations for voucher payment, mobile payment, and add-to-bill have also been completed with banks and telcos. The addition of the Xbox One app is the latest step in the continued development of Showmax.
To get the Showmax app on the Xbox One:
• If you’ve not done so already, sign up for Showmax via www.showmax.com. There’s a no-risk 14-day free trial. Showmax is not a contract – it’s simply paid on a month to month basis and can be cancelled any time.
• You’ll need the email address and password you use to sign up for Showmax to sign in on the Xbox One.
• Go to the Store tab on the Xbox One.
• Go to the Search tab on the right-hand side of the screen and search for Showmax.
• Install the app.
• Sign in to the app using the same email and password you used to sign up for Showmax.
• To pin the Showmax app to your home screen, highlight the app tile, press the menu button and then select “pin to home’.