From 8 to 10 February 2015 the 12th Berlinale Co-Production Market will arrange
over 1000 one-on-one meetings for selected projects with potential co-producers,
financiers, world sales agents, distributors, as well as representatives of TV channels
and funding bodies.
The Berlinale Co-Production Market serves as a platform for producers to introduce
their feature projects. The festival also offers industry professional new insights into
financing options and valuable networking opportunities.
Experienced producers from around the world may submit new feature film projects
to the Berlinale Co-Production Market 2015 until 22 October 2014. With budgets
between one and twenty million euros, the projects should be suitable for
international co-production and have 30% of their financing already in place.
This year, Berlinale directors – directors who have shown a film in one of the festival’s
sections previously – may enter their new projects even if they do not meet all the
Berlinale Co-Production Market’s financing criteria.
Approximately 25 projects will be selected from the entries submitted by December
this year. A further ten projects will be presented at the Talent Project Market in
cooperation with Berlinale Talents.
– Feature-length fiction film with international market potential (for theatrical
– Project suitable for international co-production and open for co-producers
– Full script available
– A minimum of 30% of the financing, or at least the local production support,
must be secured
– Budget range: €1-20 million
– The company submitting the project must have completed at least one
Project Submission (by e-mail)
– Completed submission form
– Approx. 5-8 page treatment/expose in English
– 5-page script excerpt
– Financing plan (in euros)
– Director’s previous work sample (as a link)
How to apply to participate without a project
Experienced producers and financiers who are looking for projects to co-produce and
do not wish to present their own projects can contact
email@example.com for details on the application.
Application forms and general guidelines for submitting projects for 2015 can be
accessed at Berlin International Film Festival website.