It’s all systems go as the countdown for the 2010 Loerie Awards begins. Festival weekend runs in Cape Town from 1 to 3 October. Loerie Awards organisers report that there are still Gallery seats available for the Sunday awards ceremony.
VIP seats include an invitation to the Mayor’s function, access to VIP lounges throughout the weekend – in Long Street, at the Good Hope Centre and in Camps Bay.
NEW highlights of the Festival Weekend are:
- Join iconic photographer, David Prior, at the opening of his exhibition on Friday 1 October. From 5pm at Zanzibar, Carnival Court, Long Street.
- The Loeries Student Portfolio Day, in partnership with Adobe. NEW this year – Meet and hire the creative leaders of tomorrow. Saturday morning in the Slave Church Museum next to the Grand Daddy Hotel – 9am to 1pm.
- Awards ceremony. Saturday and Sunday evenings at the Good Hope Centre. The moment everyone is waiting for and the chance to find out who has received the highest accolade of our region – a Loerie award!
- Saturday night in Long Street. Join us to celebrate the winners late into the night. DJ’s include Thibo Tazz, DJ Cleo, Shaun Duvet, Honey B & Richard III
- SABC1 Reloaded Party. The Biggest way to end the Biggest Event of the Year. Sunday evening after the awards, join us for the SABC1 Reloaded after party in Long street. DJ’s include DJ Low, Good Luck, Roger Goode, Soul Revolution, Miss H & Nastie ED
- And don’t forget all the rest of the festivities – the Mayor’s Welcome, Battle of the Bands, Chairman’s Party, and all that Creative Week has to offer.
For more information about the tickets and programme log onto www.theloerieawards.co.za.