Phil Molefe, SABC’s Acting Group Executive of News and Current Affairs was elected vice-president of the Commonwealth Broadcasting Association during the 28th CBA General Conference, hosted by the SABC at the Hilton Hotel in Sandton. Ms Moneeza Hashmi of Hum TV Pakistan was elected the president of CBA.
Ken Clark of Media Niugini of Papa New Guinea, was elected vice-president and general manager of International Relations .
"Its an honour to the SABC and it is also a task that we intend to carry out with distinction." says Molefe of his appointment.
The following members of the CBA were elected to the new Executive Committee:
- Mr Thivyananden Nayedoo Sooben (MBC-Mauritius)
- Umbi Karuaihe-Upi (NBC-Namibia)
- Mr William Ampem-Darko (Ghana Broadcasting Corporation)
- Mr K V L Narayan Rao (NDTV)
- Mr David Waweru (KBC-Kenya)
- Mr Lenny Shoulder (STA-Swaziland)
- Mr Mano Wikramamanayake (MTV- Sri Lanka)
- Ms Kay Osborne (TV Jamaica)