The annual African Film Festival, Africa on Screen, will showcase a host of African films during the week of 24 to 30 June. Filmmakers have until 14 May to submit their films.
Filmmakers must guarantee, should their film be selected, that permission from the rights holder are secured for a minimum of five screenings at this Festival.
The following information is required:
Place and date of first public / television screening: Festivals and other events where film has screened: Has the film been screened in South Africa at another festival or on television. If so please specify: Has the filmmaker given permission for screenings in South Africa (at another festival or television) on dates prior to Africa on Screen 2010 dates? If so please specify: Worldwide copyright: Company name, individual’s name, and address: South African distributor / broadcaster:
Terms & Conditions:
· All DVD’s to be clearly labelled.
· All submissions to include the following: approx. 200 word synopsis, 2 stills from the film either in hard copy or as a JPEG (300 dpi), complete filmography/biography of the director.
· Screeners and any promotional material submitted will not be returned to the sender.
· No material sent at charge of Festival will be accepted.
· All DVD preview screeners to be submitted in PAL format.
· In the event of your film being selected it must be available in Beta SP, or DIGI BETA SP in English or with English subtitles.
· The holder of copyright authorises the Festival to make excerpts, of a maximum of three minutes, available to television channels and for use in the promotion of the film and the Festival.
DVDs must be sent to:
Africa on Screen
PO Box 785722
Or delivered to:
50 Keyes Ave
(011) 447 8283. email@example.com