The results of the judging of the June 2006 Creative Circle entries have been released. Congratulations to all concerned.
1. 8InkMedia/National Geographic Kids Magazine a€” Learn Campaign “Space/
Tornado/Lion/Avalanche” a€” FoxP2
2. Ocean Basket “Fish & Chips” a€” Joe Public (CT)
2. WWF a€” SA a€” Campaign “Cheetah/Whales/Gorilla” – Ogilvy
3. Virgin Atlantic/Upper Class “Breast Exam” a€” Net#Work BBDO
1. Volkswagen SA/Toureg “Sleeping Animals” – Ogilvy
2. Ford/Focus ST “Speedy” a€” JWT (Jhb)
3. Addis/4 Sided Lock a€” Retro Lunch Campaign “Kreols/Mellow Yellow/Squeezy
Cheesi/Kojak a€” FoxP2
1 Nedbank “Power to the People” a€” Net#Work BBDO
2. Triumph/Maximizer “Foot Mirror” a€” BBDO Cape Town
3. Peugeot/407 Coupe “Xenon Campaign” a€” Saatchi & Saatchi
1.Harley Davidson “Affair” – Ogilvy
2 SA Sports Illustrated “Drinks Guy” a€” Saatchi & Saatchi
3. Cell C “Frisbee” a€” Net#Work BBDO
1. Lowe Bull “Flighting Codes” a€” Lowe Bull (Jhb)
2. Multichoice/Action X a€” Only campaign “Driving Miss Daisy/Pride & Prejudice/
Out of Africa” – Ogilvy
3. Ramsay Son & Parker “Satellite Navigation” – Ogilvy
The judging panel for June 2006 comprised of :
Francois de VilliersFCB
Gavin Williams BBDO
Roger PaulseSingh & Sons
Darren McKayThe Jupiter Drawing Room
Kirk GainsfordLowe Bull
Conn BertishSaatchi & Saatchi
COMMENTS WENDY MOORCROFT – CHAIRPERSON
Predictably this post-Loerie deadline month, the judges faced a higher than normal number of entries in some categories, although not quite as many as expected. Perhaps some agencies are holding back till next month’s judging, which will make for a competitive August.
A lot of entries (about 40)but more quantity than quality. Lowe Bull’s spot for (Joburg) Lowe Bull’s copywriter recruitment scored highest.
Nedbank’s solar panel hoarding, which provides power for a township school, was a clear winner. Great one.
In this category, a lot of strong entries – many of them probably last minute Loerie qualifiers a€” and a pretty high standard.
Another Harley Davidson winner, this time in film, and an entertaining runner-up for Sports Illustrated.
Noticeably fewer entries than in Newspaper and Outdoor, and not quite the same high standard either.
Agency: Fox P2
Product:National Geographic Kids Magazine
CD:Andrew Whitehouse/Justin Gomes/Noel Cottrell
Photog:B Fasani/R Scukar
Prod Co.:Ogilvy Repro
Title:Power to the People
Produc. Co Beith
CD:Gerry Human/Fran Luckin
CW:Bennie du Plessis/Derek Shevel
Prod Co:Fresh Water Films
Audio Eng: Alun Richards
CW:Matthew Brink/Adam Livesey
Prod Co:Bing Bang Boom
Audio Eng:John Burns
Voice:Phyllis Hill/John Burns/Justin Campos