Website The Backstory
The Backstory is offering a paid six-month internship to a young graphic designer or layout artist with an interest in the film industry. Our company works closely with film production companies and agencies around world. This is an opportunity to learn about the art of researching and pitching for television commercials. The skills you need for the position can be learned. What we really want is someone who can string a sentence together (effortlessly). Along with broad knowledge of film, television, advertising, internet culture, and photography.
- Write a director’s treatment and scripts
- Proof-read a variety of content
- Conceptualise and develop ideas
- Source visual references
- Find locations around Cape Town
- Appropriate degree / diploma for film, screenwriting, or copywriting
- You can work macOS and Keynote
- A desire to learn (obviously)
- Interest in advertising and film
- You care about the quality of your work
- A great attitude when it comes to meeting deadlines
If you’re interested in this opportunity to get into the film and television industry, send your CV and portfolio (academic essays, scripts and/or treatments) to email@example.com by 27 August 2018. This is an internship with the possibility of a full-time position. You’ll receive a R3500 monthly stipend for the duration of the internship.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org