Website Cape Town TV
The ideal candidate must have a BA degree or equivalent qualification, and at least three years of experience as a journalist. Must have an interest in social justice issues and developmental stories.
- Pitch & Research at least 6 news stories per week
- Produce 5 news inserts per week
- Write relevant hard reads daily
- Additional duties will include, but not be limited to: Creating running order, operating autocue, and other admin duties
- Participate in social media messaging (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
- Contribute ideas as part of the editorial group to Write original TV content.
- Translate content from English to Afrikaans.
- Computer literacy
- Competency with video editing software
- Social media awareness
- Good language and grammar skills
- Excellent English and Afrikaans writing skills
- Sub-editing skills
- Video filming and editing experience
- Keen eye for detail
- Willing to learn
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Enjoy engaging with people online
- Flexible and proactive
- Fast learner
- Able to handle responsibility without continuous direction.
The closing date for applications is 22 January 2020.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org