Globecast South Africa is offering a great opportunity to join our team as a Broadcast ISM & Fibre Engineer. Our ideal candidate should possess excellent interpersonal skills, an extremely good work ethic, be a self-motivated, highly organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced office environment and, the ability to learn new duties and skills quickly.
The Broadcast ISM & Fibre Engineer position is a full time, salaried, technical position. Experience should include knowledge of broadcast operations as well as ISM experience to include networking, Fibre and telephone infrastructures. This individual will be responsible for supporting and maintaining mission critical broadcast network and information technology equipment in a broadcast environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited by the following:
· Familiar with broadcast studio operations and equipment including consoles, routers, remote equipment and video processing.
· Experience with satellite encoding systems, and receivers, and broadcast transmitters
· Knowledge of power and electrical distribution including generators and gen-sets
· Provide Fibre and Broadcast Systems Support.
· Assist the Technical Manager with all maintenance & upgrades to Fibre Network and equipment,
· Main Control Room equipment and broadcast systems.
· Attend and participate in Technical meetings related to the network and new customer requirements.
· Provide after-hours support regarding any broadcasting and fibre issues on a rotational basis.
· Provide technical assistance with new fibre and broadcast installations.
· Efficiently set up, test and run fibre broadcast links.
· Attend to general administration of the Broadcast and fibre network
· Provide regular progress reports on projects
· Effectively manage inventory and allocation of equipment
· Constantly maintain and update infrastructure documentation
· Must be able to respond to emergencies 24/7 on an on-Call basis, work Shifts, weekends and After Hours should this be required.
Other non-essential Duties:
· Maintain all corporate network security requirements including deployment of approved patches and virus protection.
· Knowledge of and experience configuring desktop computers and LAN and standard network protocols
Familiar with Microsoft Server 2012 and Domain controller Operation and Active Directories.
· Assist all staff with software and operating system issues.
· Oversight of maintenance on network printers and connectivity
· Experience with network equipment, including firewalls, routers, and managed network switches.
· Preferably 3 to 5 years’ experience in server and network support.
· Preferably 3 to 5 years’ experience in Broadcast industry.
· Experience in in Fibre and networking.
· National Senior Certificate with an achievement level of 4 or higher in Maths and English
· N+ Certificate
· MCITP or MCSE
· Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certificate (Networking and routing)
· Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certificate (Nice to have but not essential)
Other Advantageous Requirements:
· Net Insight Nimbra Broadcast Systems
· Video Paly out systems (Vector box, Pay Box, Synergy)
· Diploma or Certificate Networking and Networking Essentials.
· Good at problem solving and prioritizing
· Great team player
The ideal incumbent must have:
· Code 8 or 10 driver’s licence and / or reliable mode of transport for after-hours support.
· South African ID and Valid Passport or a permanent residence stamp.
· Good Acumen of Maths and English.
Please send CV to email@example.com
Subject line: Attention B Waller Broadcast ISM and Fibre Engineer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org