Website Exceptional Marks
Reporting to the Managing Director, the ideal Content Licensing candidate will be a self-motivated, results-driven and detail oriented professional with experience in relevant fields such as business, communications, sales or brand management and planning, media, and/or licensing. We operate internationally focused on creating both online and offline experiences through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, and more. The market is highly competitive — acquiring the right content under the right deal terms and with speed, is essential to drive the company’s programming and acquisition strategy, ensuring that we target and secure the best content to super-serve our audiences.
Who we need:
- You have expertise in Content Acquisition, Content Investment, Distribution, Business Modelling, Partner Management,
- You are able to transform traditional licensing partnerships into forward thinking Strategic Partnerships – level-up existing relationships
- You can conceptualise Marketing Initiatives to enhance and embrace your Services and Products
- A highly collaborative person who has successfully worked cross-functionally with product, engineering, finance, business development and marketing teams.
- With a passion for content, deal-making, and relationship building the successful candidate will be seasoned, creative, entrepreneurial in spirit and carry a positive, company-first (and team-first!) attitude
- As the Content Executive you will lead all aspects of content licensing negotiations, including content selection, financial analysis, forecasting, and technical requirements
- You will determine, track and manage content budget
- With attention to detail, an ability to juggle multiple priorities, you aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves as needed
- You have a good understanding of film and video copyright, licensing and issues the industry faces today
- You have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate thoughts and ideas, both written and verbally, and think outside of your direct sphere of responsibility.
- Maintain a can-do attitude and willingness and flexibility to solve problems at short notice, using any tools necessary
- You are a well-organized person, with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadline, implementing, managing and tailoring the product project plan
- You outpace competitors with research and find new Content Providers/Studios and Film Makers for themed or specific content acquisition opportunities continually
- Communicate and collaborate with internal stakeholders across Shareholders, Marketing, PR, Finance, Technical and Operations
- Communicate and collaborate with external stakeholders like Broadcasters, Telco’s and Licensors
- Liaise and ensure content is screened and rated for Film and Publication Board
- Identify and target new revenue opportunities
What you will need
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to build and explain financial models
- Able to craft and deliver presentations at the senior level
- Proficient in Google Suite and all Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- This is a role that works across multiple time zones
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, planning and organizational abilities
- Great negotiation experience and demonstrated business maturity
- Exceptional communication, collaboration and project management skills
- Self-starter who not only deals well with, but thrives in ambiguity
- Strong team player with the ability to positively and constructively influence stakeholders
- Must be able to work independently, handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and negotiate and collaborate effectively
- Problem solver that can identify both short term mitigation and propose options for longer term resolution
- Ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels, in multiple geographies and business functions, both internally and externally
- Available to travel
Even better if you have:
- Prior experience in content licensing and/or business development internationally.
- Knowledge of digital video landscape, digital distribution, digital influencers, major content creators/providers, and the competitive landscape.
- Gathered and evaluated video programming, channels and brand resources and contacts from a variety of sources.
- Excellent business judgment and demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Experienced analytical and quantitative skills, as well as the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
- Ability to understand product and technical requirements and interface with Product/Technology teams.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced and highly changing environment with little guidance
- End to end ownership of major project deliverables
- Self-starter who is customer obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player
Please send CV with last salary/ or salary expectation. No calls please. Exciting opportunity.
Johannesburg Northern Suburbs
If we don’t revert in 6 weeks the position is taken. Only serious applicants.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com