Website Cape Town TV
Community television broadcaster
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR NEWS EDITOR AT CAPE TOWN TV
Cape Town TV is looking for an experienced journalist to head-up our news department. The incumbent will be responsible for producing Our City, a 30-minute daily news bulletin which has currently been expanded into a 52-minute COVID-19 news & education special.
• Manage and mentor the news production team of young interns
• Assist in the appointment of new team members
• Develop topics and themes for each show
• Chair editorial planning meetings
• Chair debriefing meetings after each shoot
• Finalize the running order of the show
• Identify and secure guests to be interviewed
• Brief insert producers
• Make sure presenters are briefed properly
• Get outside contributors/stringers for the show
• Take responsibility for quality control of the show
• Contribute towards grant proposals and report writing for donors
• Ensure that funding deliverables are met
• Ensure that the team has the necessary resources to do their work
• Make sure that the staff development needs of the team are met
• Ensure that programme deadlines are met
• Suitable tertiary qualification in fields such as journalism, media or communications.
• At least eight years of experience in a news environment, preferably in television but other experience will be considered.
• An understanding of the television medium.
• Knowledge of the elements of TV news production.
• Ability to handle a pressurized and deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to innovate and develop a an engaging and fresh news programme.
• Should be resident in Cape Town. CTV will not pay relocation costs.
• Familiarity with an NGO environment is an advantage.
The successful candidate will be offered a full-time, fixed-term contract with a two-month probationary period, and will based at our studios in Observatory, Cape Town.
Please send a letter of motivation and CV with 3 contactable references to email@example.com.
The deadline is 14 May 2020.
Please note we will communicate with short-listed candidates only.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org