AJA Video Systems recently announced the OG-12GDA-2×4, an openGear 12G-SDI distribution amplifier, featuring support for High Dynamic Range video and Ross DashBoard software for remote monitoring.
Designed for critical broadcast, OB truck and live event production environments, OG-12GDA-2×4 features dual-channel inputs for incoming 12G-SDI signals, with reclocking of the distributed signals to dual 4x 12G-SDI outputs. In an AJA OG-X-FR openGear frame, this allows for incredibly high density with up to 20x 12G-SDI inputs distributed to a total of 80x 12G-SDI outputs when fully loaded with ten cards.
OG-12GDA-2×4 features compatibility with OGX, OG3 and DFR-8321 openGear frames, and DashBoard software support on Windows, macOS and Linux for flexible device control and monitoring over a local network or remotely.
OG-12GDA-2×4 features include:
- Dual 1×4 12G-SDI openGear Distribution Amplifiers
- Dual 1x 12G-SDI BNC inputs
- Dual 4x noninverting 12G-SDI BNC outputs
- Format agnostic 270 Mbps – 12 Gbps video formats
- Automatic input equalisation and output reclocking
- Support for HDR video
- Passes embedded audio, all ancillary data including closed caption and time code
- Input Present and Input SMPTE Lock LEDs
- 10x 12G-BNC rear connector module included
- Power: 4.5 watts
- Hot swappable
- DashBoard Support with OGX, OG3 and DFR-8321 openGear frames
- Five-year warranty
“To address the rigorous demands of modern production environments, we strive to provide our customers with powerful, new technologies for more flexible and fail-safe workflows,” said Nick Rashby, president, AJA Video Systems. “We’re excited to introduce the OG-12GDA-2×4, our first 12G-SDI openGear card, to seamlessly integrate into higher bandwidth 12G-SDI workflows that support higher resolution, large raster content at higher frame rates – with less cabling.”
OG-12GDA-2×4 will be available in December through AJA’s worldwide reseller network.