The NFVF has opened a call to South Africans wanting to pursue film and television postgraduate studies at any international tertiary.
NFVF’s bursary programme is aimed at building capacity by upskilling film and TV professionals for global competitiveness through its support of qualifying applicants for overseas studies which are not offered at South African tertiary institutions. However, with the exclusion of Live Performance and Acting programmes.
The bursary will be awarded for the 2018 academic year with a cap of R250 000 inclusive of tuition and living expenses.
The applicant must:
- Apply six months before the course commences
- Be a South African citizen
- Have a good academic record
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance
- Be enrolled at an accredited overseas tertiary institution for a full-time postgraduate film/TV programme (the course must be commencing in September 2018 and not available in South Africa)
Applications must be accompanied by a detailed motivation as to why the applicant must be awarded a bursary together with all the supporting documents as indicated in the online application form.
- Failure to provide all requested information will lead to an automatic disqualification of the application
- No late applications will be considered
- Should there be a change of contact details the onus is on the applicant to notify NFVF
- For further information, please consult the NFVF Funding Policy.
How to apply:
Applicants must complete an online international bursary application form which is available on the NFVF website. Deadline for applications is on 31 March 2018 at 17h00 CAT.