The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission’s (KZNFC) main objective is to position KwaZulu-Natal as a globally competitive, diverse and sustainable industry and choice film destination.
It is in this light that the KZN Film Commission aims to enhance the economy by providing and encouraging opportunities for persons, especially from disadvantaged communities to enter and participate in the film industry in the province. In so doing, it aims to contribute to an enabling environment for job creation and transformation. A baseline study was conducted in 2015 highlighting the skills gap in the KZN industry. The KZNFC is responding to the need for skills in sound production, as well as budgeting and scheduling.
Training programme 1: Sound Production for Film and Television
This course embraces the principles of sound technology and how it relates to film and television. The programme runs for 10 days with workshops, self-study and practical work. The programme is at no cost to the selected participants.
Training programme 2: Budgeting and Scheduling for Film and Television
This course aims to prepare filmmakers with the knowledge on how to break down a script and create a budget and production schedule. The programme runs for 10 days with workshops, self-study and practical work. The programme is at no cost to the selected participants.
- Candidate must be over the age of 18.
- Candidate must come from a previously disadvantage background and preference is given to women, youth and people with disabilities.
- Candidate must have been exposed to at least one film production.
- Candidate must have good written and verbal communication skills.
Please indicate clearly whether you are applying for programme 1 – Sound Production for Film and Television or programme 2 – Budgeting and Scheduling for Film and Television.
To apply, candidates must submit:
1. A motivational letter (maximum two pages) explaining why you should be considered for the programme.
2. Your CV – detailed profile of work experience.
3. A copy of your grade 12 certificate and all qualifications post grade 12.
4. A certified copy of your ID.
All applications should be emailed to SkillsDev@kwazulunatalfilm.co.za
BOTH COURSES ARE DUE TO TAKE PLACE IN MARCH 2018.
Closing date for applications: 23 FEBRUARY 2018.
Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only. For more information please email SkillsDev@kwazulunatalfilm.co.za or call (031) 325 0200.