The 7th Annual Digital Broadcasting Switchover Forum 2012, organised by the Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation will take place from 22 to 24 February at the Protea Balalaika Hotel in Johannesburg.
Digital Broadcasting is set to phase out analogue transmission in several Commonwealth markets, including South Africa, Kenya, Ghana and Nigeria. This year’s forum has adopted the theme of “Engaging the Viewer, Protecting the Consumer’to reflect the underpinning concerns with appropriate content and affordable terminals on Africa’s roadmap to digital broadcasting.
Some of the topics to be discussed at the conference are:
- The future for digital multi-media broadcasting services in Africa
- The roadmap for switchover
- Options for financing the digital broadcasting infrastructure
- Building an effective and sustainable digital broadcasting network
- Making the most of the digital dividend
- Creating the right content for digital TV
- Availability and affordability of consumer equipment for digital TV
For further information about the event, registration or for exhibitor and sponsorship details, please contact:
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8600 3817