Graham V. Warsop, founder and creative chairman of the Jupiter Drawing Room South Africa, is on the Executive Jury of the upcoming New York Festivals (NYF) International Advertising Awards. The Executive Jury comprises chief creative directors from around the world.
On 4 May the NYF will host the first ever “Meet the Jury’ press conference where the Executive Jury will give attendees a sneak preview of some of the industry’s most discussed ads of the year, as well as an opportunity to engage the world’s most prominent creatives in a lively discussion.
The press conference is open to all attendees of the NYF awards show which takes place on 4 and 5 May. Attendees will hear firsthand from industry thought leaders about the emerging trends in global advertising, and how the Executive Jurors selected the World’s Best Advertising™.
This year NYF has assembled an exclusive group of worldwide chief creative officers and executive creative directors to participate in judging all mediums on its first ever live Executive Jury. This elite group assembles in New York City May 1 to 4 to determine the industry award winners and the 2011 trophy winners from the Finalist winners decided by NYF”s Grand Jury. Never before have so many high level creative officers gathered in one room to judge the final rounds of an international advertising show.
Donald Gunn, Founder of The Gunn Report, will moderate the Executive Jury. The 2011 Executive Jury includes the following members:
- Steve Back, Chief Creative Officer Ogilvy & Mather, Singapore
- Peter Favat, Chief Creative Officer, Arnold Worldwide
- Rob Feakins, Chief Creative Officer/President, Publicis
- Staffan Forsman, Co-founder & Executive Creative Director, Forsman & Bodenfors
- Lee Garfinkel, Chief Creative Officer, Global Brands, Euro RSCG
- Rei Inamoto, Chief Creative Officer, AKQA
- Akira Kagami, Executive Advisor and Global Executive Creative Advisor, Dentsu
- Amir Kassaei, WorldwideChief Creative Officer, DDB Group
- Tham Khai Meng, Worldwide CD & Chairman, Chairman Creative Council, Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide
- Graham Lang, Global Integrated Creative Director, Y&R London
- Kitty Lun, Chairman & CEO, Lowe China
- Darren Moran, EVP, Chief Creative Officer, Draftfcb
- Bechara Mouzannar, Chief Creative Officer, Leo Burnett MENA
- Peter Nicholson, Chief Creative Officer, JWT
- Ronald Ng, Executive VP & Executive Creative Director, BBDO
- Marty Orzio, Chief Creative Officer, Gotham Inc
- Santosh Padhi, Co Founder, Chief Creative Officer, Taproot, India
- Benjamin Palmer, Founder & Chief Creative Officer, The Barbarian Group
- Milka Pogliani, Chairman & Executive Creative Director, McCann Worldgroup Italy
- Robert Rasmussen, Chief Creative Officer, Tribal DDB
- Marcus Rebeschini, Chief Creative Officer, Y&R Asia
- Rob Reilly, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer, Crispin Porter + Bogusky
- Hugo Rodrigues, CCO & Chief Creative Officer
- Alexander Schill, Global Chief Creative Officer, Partner, Serviceplan Group
- Matthias Schmidt, Partner & Executive Board Member, Scholz & Friends
- Jureeporn Thaidumrong, Founder & Executive Creative Director, JEH
- Mark Tutssel, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer, Leo Burnett
- Jean-Remy von Matt, Founder & Chairman, Jung von Matt AG
- Mark Waites, Founding Partner & Joint ECD, Mother London
- Graham Warsop, Founder & Executive Creator, Jupiter Drawing Room
- Conway Williamson, Chief Creative Officer, Saatchi & Saatchi
- Stephane Xiberras, President & ECD, BETC Euro RSCG
The International Advertising Awards ceremony on 5 May at Skylight West, will include the presentation of the NYF Lifetime Achievement Award to Keith Reinhard, Chairman Emeritus of Omnicom; the Living Legend Award, to both Bob Giraldi, award-winning TV Commercial & Feature Film Director, and Bob Carr, award-winning Commercial Film Editor. In addition, trophies will be presented to the 2011 award-winning entries.
Finalists for the 2011 International Advertising Awards can be viewed at http://www.newyorkfestivals.com/main.php?p=2,10.
The NYF International Advertising Awards competition receives entries from 70 countries and recognises work in all media in the following competitions: Art/Technique + Technology, Avant-Garde, Collateral, Design, Digital & Interactive, Hispanic USA Advertising, Marketing Effectiveness, Mixed Media, Outdoor, Print, Public Relations/Brand Communications, Public Service Announcements, Radio, Student and Television/Cinema.