All those creatives working in the brand communication industries in South Africa, Africa (including the Indian Ocean Islands) and the Middle East have until 16 April to benefit from the Loerie Awards Early Bird Special. Those who enter their work before this date wiill get a 5% discount on entry fees.
This year, international crafts can be entered if the person nominated for the craft is from the eligible region.
There are several Special Awards in Loeries 2010:
• SABC New Voice Radio Award: Promoting the production of non-English radio advertising. Unlike all other categories, entries can be pro-active and do not need to have flighted and the top three winning entries will receive SABC Radio airtime as well as all-expenses paid samplings of the most indulgent and inspiring treasures of the Mother City.
NOTE: Non-English Radio entries that have flighted may be entered in the main Radio category as well.
• SAPPI Creative Use of Paper Award: All paper-based entries are automatically eligible for this prize. The winning entry will receive a special prize for the creative team, as well as Sappi paper for the winning agency.
• Vodacom Mobile Advertising Award: In partnership with Vodacom Mobile Media, a category in the Advertising section catering especially to the recent growth in the use of mobile devices in the advertising mix. The winning entry receives a special prize including advertising spend with Vodacom Mobile Media and a prize for the creative team.
• SpaceStation Internet Advertising Award: All kinds of online advertising are eligible for entry, including funky pop-up windows, clever banner adverts, and intriguing interstitial pages. The winning entry receives a special prize including advertising spend with The SpaceStation and a prize for the creative team.
• Young Creatives Award: Talented individuals at the beginning of their careers (under 27 years old) working in any area of brand communication can submit a portfolio of their professional work from the last three years. Entry is free.
Three percent of the entry fees will be allocated to educational programmes for disadvantaged students. Entrants into “the biggest event of the year’ can have the added thrill of knowing that their quest for excellence is helping others along the same path as well.
Visit www.theloerieawards.co.za for a comprehensive guide to submitting an entry.