As part of the 2018 centennial celebrations in honour of Nelson Mandela's legacy, e.tv
is giving independent producers a chance to submit documentary proposals about an
individual or group which they believe capture the spirit and values of Madiba.
Producers from the Eastern Cape, Free State, KwaZulu-Natal, Limpopo, Mpumalanga,
Northern Cape and North West are invited to submit a proposal for a 23 minute
documentary to e.tv by 18 of August 2017.
The channel is celebrating what the stalwart stood for. e.tv has a long history of
providing a platform for authentic local storytelling. The documentary has to relay a
message that is proudly South African and no less than 15% of the dialogue must be
in languages other than English which are unique to the province.
- A detailed treatment of the proposed documentary;
- A description of the locations where the documentary is to be shot and the
names of individuals to be interviewed;
- Proposed name/s of the presenter or commentator, if any;
- Production budget incorporating a detailed description on personnel, equipment
and resource requirements;
- Information which confirms that the key personnel working on the documentary
are based in the province concerned.
Production company requirements:
e.tv will accept programme proposals only from South African production companies
which have a registered business address in the province concerned.
Production company must provide proof of previous productions completed.
All programme proposals from production companies must include the following
- Name, address and telephone numbers of person representing the company for
purposes of the proposal.
Name and registration number of production company.
Registered address of company.
Names, race and gender of shareholders of production company.
Names, race and gender of directors of production company.
- Names, race and gender of senior personnel at the production company and
- Details of training initiatives engaged in by the production company over the
past 12 months
- Showreel of previously produced content; and copy of the companys BEE
Proposal and all supporting documentation should be submitted to
The submission deadline is 17h00 on 18 August 2017.
NB - if you do not receive feedback on your submission from e.tv
by 17h00 on 31 August 2017, please consider your application unsuccessful.
I Am a Woman SupremeThis June, e.tv celebrates the Supreme Women across its family of channels, with a special campaign that embraces women in every sphere of life...