Assistant Venue Technical Manager - IVTM (Conferences and Events)
Fri, 10 Nov 2017 14:24
Job title: Assistant Venue Technical Manager IVTM (Conferences and Events - Johannesburg)
Reporting to: Venue Operations Manager Inhouse Venue Technical Management (Pty) Ltd
1. To provide main support to the Venue Operations Manager.
2. To serve as relief Venue Technical Manager at the various venues.
3. Monitor operations processes at the venues, ensuring thoroughness of preparation, efficiency of delivery and adherence to company structure.
4. Report back to the Venue Operations Manager regarding all occurrences which potentially affect the operational performance at venues.
5. Generate and fulfil business within all venues, providing technical solutions and servicing the technical aspects to Gearhouse service quality standards.
6. Provide leads to Sales division - generating more business for the company in corporate clients and annuity income as well increasing Gearhouse presence in high profile venues.
7. Assist the Venue Operations Manager with all operational logistics, resources and personnel within the required venues, ensuring adherence to safety practices.
8. Oversee the technical aspects of a Live Event within all disciplines according to top production standards, including preproduction and postproduction elements.
9. Assist with the generation of quotations.
10. Assist management with any other duties that may be required.
Promote IVTM and Gearhouse services to all C & E IVTM clients not currently utilising group services or products.
Encourage and accommodate training initiatives implemented by the National Training Officer.
Provide support to the off-site venues
Provide support to the C & E JHB branch.
Assist management with any other duties as may be required.
Maintain a thorough understanding of Health and Safety Practices within the Live Event Industry.
Relevant tertiary qualification
Extensive knowledge of industry and event technical supply
At least 5 years experience in the technical supply industry
At least 5 years experience in AV and lighting
Must have own vehicle
Excellent Management, Communication and Organisational Skills
Project Management skills
Ability to problem solve effectively and timeously
Ability to multitask
Management and ability to work well within a team
MS Office proficient
Should you feel that you are the ideal person for this position, then, please submit your CV with a brief summary of why you believe so, by close of business on 22 November 2017
to Clarissa Naicker, Senior HR Officer, on Clarissa.Naicker@gearhouse.co.za