Warehouse Manager - IVTM Conference & Events
Fri, 06 Oct 2017 10:38
1. Oversee INHOUSE equipment movement in and out of the Johannesburg workshop as well as associated pre and post Production activities (preparation/scanning/checking).
2. Co-ordinate cost-effective equipment maintenance and servicing for the INHOUSE Head Office
3. Manage INHOUSE workshop and equipment stores areas at the Johannesburg branch, including staff members permanent/freelance working within these areas.
Pre- and Post-Production
• Attend all Operations meetings to finalise details for upcoming jobs.
• Telephonically book all freelance INHOUSE crewmembers for an event.
• Order, or notify Administrators to order freelance crew members.
• Assign/Book crewmembers to individual jobs.
• Check confirmed equipment lists, advise Manager of equipment shortages/late returns and assist with substitutions.
• Ensure that all sub-hires are checked on arrival and returned promptly in the condition in which they arrived, if delivered to Workshops rather than site.
• Ensure that all subhires are returned timeously, in good condition and file associated delivery notes.
• Organise/check that correct transport has been organised with the Transport Supervisor.
• Ensure that Job Cards have been distributed to all crew on a particular job.
• Supervise the preparation and loading of equipment for events.
• Oversee the off-loading and checking of incoming equipment by the Workshop Technicians.
• Exercise control over all maintenance and repair activities, ensuring that Administrators are advised of the need to book equipment out-of-service for long-term repairs.
• Ensure that a current comprehensive service record of all equipment in the Johannesburg branch is maintained.
• Source and organise any out-sourced repairs.
• Manage and maintain the vehicles by checking service intervals and planning accordingly
• Daily inspections of the vehicles.
• Report any defects and issues to the Conference & Events Manager
• Ensure that the vehicle is always clean and presentable.
• Ensure that all INHOUSE equipment is bar-coded correctly, and that old barcode labels are replaced when necessary.
• Ensure that the correct Hiretrack systems procedures are being followed with regard to scanning/equipment service records etc.
• Conduct periodic stock-takes as organised by the Conference & Events Manager
• Control a small stock of consumables and hardware which is required to be on hand.
First Card Auto Card Statement
• To be first signatory on the statement ensuring all receipts are attached and names of the drivers documented on these receipts
• Organise the recording and monitoring of spares usage.
Health and Safety
• Enforce safe working practices amongst technicians and workshop staff in the workshop areas, ensuring that Health and Safety regulations are complied with.
• Ensure that the relevant legislation is adhered to in the Workshops.
• Make sure that the Workshop and Stores areas are kept safe, clean and presentable.
• Manage INHOUSE Workshop personnel or Technicians assigned to the Workshops.
• Encourage and accommodate training of operational technicians in the Johannesburg Workshop.
• Produce a schedule for all permanent/freelance INHOUSE technicians and stage hands.
• Assist management with any other duties as may be required.
• Course in Warehouse Management or related experience
• Previous warehouse management and team management experience
• Excellent Management, Communication and Organisational Skills
• Time-management skills
• Ability to problem solve effectively and timeously
• Ability to multitask
• Management and ability to work well within a team
• Good leadership
• Strong technical experience and knowledge
• Comprehensive knowledge of the technical production services requirements for the live event industry
• Time conscious
Should you feel that you are the ideal person for this position, please submit your CV with a brief summary of why you believe so, by close of business on Friday, 13 October 2017 to Clarissa Naicker, Senior HR Officer, on Clarissa.Naicker@gearhouse.co.za