HARMAN Professional Solutions has introduced the JBL 200 Series two-way ScreenArray® cinema loudspeakers, helping small and mid-sized cinemas upgrade to next generation JBL technologies for improved coverage and smooth sound reproduction at an accessible price point. Featuring patent-pending Dual Dissimilar Arraying and Acoustic Aperture Technology, the 200 Series continues the JBL legacy of leadership and innovation in cinema audio, combining a compact design with the latest technology for superior performance and better coverage for raked seating.
“With smaller rooms becoming more popular, cinemas need to give customers a captivating and accurate audio experience from every seat in the house,’ said Dan Saenz, cinema solutions manager, HARMAN Professional Solutions. “The new JBL 200 Series helps small and medium cinemas provide a great sonic experience at every seat, offering next-generation technology for improved coverage and exceptional performance for raked seating configurations. With the release of the 200 Series, we are thrilled that cinemas can now upgrade to industry-leading ScreenArray technology at an accessible price point.’
The JBL 200 Series was designed to offer cinemas an affordable solution for creating the best possible audio experience in small- to mid-sized rooms. By including new, patent-pending technologies that complement the legendary sound of JBL cinema loudspeakers, the 200 Series offers a solution without compromise—improving performance and coverage while dramatically lowering the total cost of ownership.
JBL’s patent-pending Dual Dissimilar Arraying design combines two asymmetric high-frequency drivers in tandem, making it possible to sculpt the geometry of modern cinemas. While traditional configurations require three-way loudspeakers to achieve this level of performance, Dual Dissimilar Arraying creates coverage patterns specifically designed for raked seating in modern cinemas. And with the 200 Series, simultaneously lowers the total costs of ownership of such a system.
The JBL 200 Series also includes Acoustic Aperture Technology that works seamlessly with its low-distortion 15′ driver. The integrated Acoustic Apertures create a horn-loading effect, helping to maintain a wide horizontal coverage pattern through the crossover range while improving speech clarity. The result is even coverage of the entire cinema seating area, making every seat the best seat in the house.
• Two-way Next Generation ScreenArray® design for maximum output, improved coverage, and minimum distortion
• Patent pending Dual Dissimilar Arraying Technology
• Creates coverage pattern for raked seating areas
• Extends HF output power and pattern control a full octave in both spectrum extremes
• Patent pending Acoustic Aperture Technology
• Enhanced mid-range performance for a smooth crossover transition
• C211 and C221 use same HF driver as 7-Series Studio Monitors
• 12-14′ footprint saves space without sacrificing performance
• Lower total cost of ownership
• Advanced passive crossovers and DSP in the amplifier, requires only one amplifier channel per speaker for most of the line.
The JBL C211 will begin shipping in May 2017, and the remaining 200 Series ScreenArray loudspeaker models will be available later in 2017.