With the growth in the film and television industry the shortage of film and television production accountants has been highlighted. To meet the need for more production accountants, Destiny Media Africa has partnered with Moneypenny and Film Finances to host a series of workshops for aspiring production accountants.
Production accountants perform a critical role in any production, ensuring budgetary discipline, managing payrolls and providing critical audit reports. “Time is money and it’s important to know at any one time where your production stands financially. Your production accountant can help you do that,’ says Jane Fry, at Film Finances.
A film production like any other business is dependent on the accurate and effective management of the production budget. Having systems and software to track expenditure is especially critical when it comes to tax incentive claims. As Shamila Phillips MD of Moneypenny South Africa says, “Workshops of this nature create a mindset and an Industry Standard that with efficient accounting systems and software can be the answer to producers to effectively manage and control their budgets which inevitably assists with the smooth running of the production.’
“We are excited about partnering with the expertise of Moneypenny and Film Finances as our passion is to create platforms that allow the effective transfer of skills and experience to ensure the growth and development of South Africa and Africa as a whole,’ says Andre Pietersen, Destiny Media Africa.
The workshops will take place in Durban and Johannesburg in August.
Understand the fundamentals of managing production budgets and acquire the knowledge and skills to be a production accountant.
Who should attend?
• Anyone who wants a better understanding of managing production finances from pre-production to production to post-production audits
• Anyone who wants to work as a film accountant
• Producers, Line Producers or anyone who want to strengthen their abilities to manage costs of a larger film production.
• Accountants who want to include production accounting as part of their services
• Accountants who need to audit the books and records of a film or television production have found this very practical grass-roots training invaluable.
• Experience or education. If you have some basic skills in Excel and Word software as well as numeracy you qualify.
Durban – 9 and 10 August 2016 from 9h00 to 16h00
Joburg – 11 and 12 August 2016 from 9h00 to 16h00
For enquiries email email@example.com or call (011) 050 1312.
For online bookings click here.